COVID-19 restrictions on Church gatherings such as Baptisms, Weddings, Funerals and Worship
What are the current NSW COVID-19 restrictions on church gatherings such as Weddings, Funerals, Baptisms and for Worship?
From Friday 15 May, 2020:
1. Weddings can have up to 10 guests plus the couple, the persons necessary for conducting or assisting in the conduct of the service, one photographer, and one videographer.
2. Indoor funerals and memorial services can have up to 20 mourners and outdoor funerals up to 30 mourners, plus (in both cases) those persons necessary for conducting or assisting in the conduct of the funeral such as the minister and funeral directors
3. Religious gatherings such as Baptisms and places of worship can have a maximum of 10 people, excluding the persons necessary for the conduct of, or assisting in the conduct of, the service.
Services can be streamed or recorded to enable people to engage in worship or the service.
In each of the above cases, contact details must be kept of each person attending the wedding, funeral, baptism or gathering. The minimum details that must be recorded are the person’s name and a contact phone number, so that they can be used for contact tracing.
The church premises must continue to be closed to the public, and only those people arranged to gather there may be permitted to enter.
Previous exemptions continue, ie Church premises can continue to be used:
- as a workplace, by both paid staff and volunteers.
- to provide care or assistance to a vulnerable person
- to provide emergency assistance
- to provide childcare facilities
As our community becomes more active, it's important that we
- follow the NSW rules for gatherings that apply to individuals and businesses
- maintain a physical distance of at least 1.5 metres from others
- practise good hand hygiene
- stay active and healthy
- take extra care if you're around vulnerable people
- get tested if you have any symptoms, even if they are only mild
- stay home until you get the test result, or are medically cleared.
On that note, here's a photo that brought a smile to my face and I hope it brings a smile to yours :)
For more information on what you can and can't do under the COVID-19 Rules, please visit: